The world is full of unexplained pain that relates to a sensation of physical or emotional discomfort. By far the most important thing to understand about treating pain is that it is difficult because it almost never has one cause: it is extremely multifactorial.
Causes of pain
- muscle strain
- bone fractures
Behavioural symptoms of pain
- Facial grimacing or a frown
- Writhing or constant shifting in bed
- Moaning, groaning or whimpering
- Restlessness and agitation
- Appearing uneasy and tense, perhaps drawing their legs up or kicking
Focusing on Chronic pain
Chronic pain is different. Your body keeps hurting weeks, months or even years after the injury. Doctors often define chronic pain as any pain that lasts for 3 to 6 months or more. Chronic pain can have real effects on your day-to-day life and your mental health.
Many chronic diseases or infections can also cause chronic pain. These include rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, cancer, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, shingles and AIDS
Researchers have found that cells in the medial pre-frontal cortex have shorter axon initial segments when there is pain. This region is associated with working memory and decision making and those functions are among those that chronic pain inhibits — even after being treated by pain medication — by shrinking the cells in that region. The cycle of pain involves the physical body and the mental/emotional body – symptoms of each reinforce the other.
Chronic pain management
5 simple exercises to ease your knee pain
- Leg lifts
- Knee bending
- Leg straightening
- Chair pulling
6 simple exercises to ease your shoulder pain
- Upper trapezius stretch
- Quadruped thoracic rotation stretch
- Elbow-Out rotator stretch
- Cross-Body shoulder stretch
- Bent-Arm shoulder stretch
- Reverse shoulder stretch
- Drug Therapy
- Trigger Point Injections
- TENS – Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation therapy
Simple roll onto quell your pains – DOLOWHITE EMULSON from Dr.JRK’s Research and Pharmaceuticals exclusively for chronic pain that
- Relieves muscle stiffness in the joints
- Clinically proven to be effective for all types of pain
- Provides prolonged remission from chronic pain
- Gently roll on over the painful areas.
- Follow it with hot water fomentation.
- Regular use is recommended in chronic pain condition.
As directed by the physician.
For external use only